Showing Collections: 241 - 260 of 267
Thomas N. Parlon Oral History
This collection consists of an April 27, 2000 interview with Thomas N. Parlon for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Parlon discusses his participation in the National Guard and his service in the Pacific.
Thomas O. Bigger Papers
Turner E. Kirkland Collection
This collection contains correspondence of World War II veteran Turner E. Kirkland writing about his experiences in the Pacific Theater of war.
United States Marine Corps Collection
This collection contains material from World War II: A Germany Basic Handbook and a weekly digest of civil affairs in occupied territories.
UT General Alumni Association Collection
This collection contains items gathered by or sent to the UT General Alumni Association during and after World War II regarding University of Tennessee alumni participation in the war. Material includes photographs, newspaper clippings, newsletters, correspondence and more documenting several individuals.
W. E. (Bill) Warde Memoir
This collection contains W. E. (Bill) Warde's updated version of his memoir My Military Service which covers the time on the front lines in the European Theater (1944-1946). He recounts his experiences in various battles and gives details about the movements of his unit and what he describes as the "worst night of his life," when some of his fellow soldiers were captured and killed in Germany.
W. Ralph Lufkin Collection
This collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and other documents on Wendell Ralph Lufkin's World War II experience in the European theatre.
Wallace McGee Collection
Wallace McGee's collection feature multiple comics and news articles from World War II. Also included are cards sent to McGee during his service and illustrated postcards of life in the service.
Walter C. Johnson Collection
This collection features a birth announcement created by Walter C. Johnson to announce the arrival of his daughter while he served in World War II.
Walter Goolsby Collection
The Walter Goolsby Collection includes correspondence to family and other officers, newspapers, photographs, and military and veteran documents from the 1940s and the late 1980s.
Walter Lassen Collection
This collection contains several copies of the "Chandelle," a publication from the Station Hospital in Moody Field, Georgia from 1944 and 1945 regarding its Convalescent Training Program. Also included is a Toastmasters address, a letter from Walter Lassen, and a Station Hospital Booklet.
Walter M. Higgs Papers
This collection consists of an address book, correspondence, enlistment and honorable discharge records, photographs, press clippings, and a promotion list from Walter M. Higgs' service in the United States Army Air Force during World War II. Higgs served in the Pacific Theater as part of the 17th Bomber Squadron 27th Bombardment Group and was a POW in Japan.
Washington M. Davis Collection
This collection features a copy of Love, War, and Hate written by Washington M. Davis about his World War II experience.
Wesley Baker Maps
This collection includes five cloth maps of areas in Asia used during World War II.
William B. Allen Papers
This collection consists of William B. Allen's personal World War II materials and includes photographs, press clippings, as well as commemorative materials from his service.
William Clark Collection
This collection includes publications kept by William Clark about the Fifteenth Air Force (established in 1943 during WWII). The three publications are Fifteenth Air Force “Sorties” from 1985, 1986, and 1988.
William E. Austin Manuals
This collection features multiple training manuals, dated during the 1940s, used by William E. Austin and fellow soldiers while training for World War II. These manuals include basic training as well as technical and engineering instructions.
William E. Bobbitt Memoir
This memoir, written in 1996, is William Bobbitt's account of his time fighting in the Pacific Theater during World War II. The manuscript traces his military career from his training with a National Guard Unit in 1941 to his discharge in 1945. During his service, Bobbitt was stationed on many Pacific islands and faced combat in the Philippines.
William F. Baggerman World War II Papers
This collection contains the personal correspondence, memorabilia, and newspaper clippings of William F. Baggerman during his career in the United States Army Air Corps during World War Two. Most of the collection is correspondence between Baggerman and his family, comprised of concerns for family business and the situation at home. The collection spans from early in basic training until the end of the war.
William F. Bopp Papers
This collection includes a 20-page typescript personal narrative of William Bopp’s experiences in World War II. Written in 1990, Bopp recounts his beginnings and training with the military, his experiences overseas in Europe during the war, through his discharge in 1945 and return home.
Also included is a copy of Bopp’s honorable discharge certificate from 1945, and a copy of the “Company A Newsletter” from September 1991 for which Bopp authored the main text.
- United States. Army. 66
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 58
- World War, 1939-1945. 52
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 39
- United States. Navy. 29
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 26
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 24
- United States. Army Air Forces. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Air Force. 21
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 6
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1
- Paris (France) -- History -- 1940-1944. 1 ∧ less