Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 61
Duggan & Moon Account Book
This collection consists of one account book belonging to Duggan & Moon of Unionville, Tennessee. The account entries are dated from 1860-1876. A latter portion of the book was used to document an annual reunion (including names of attendees and minutes) of the pupils of W. E. Thompson in Unionville from 1927-1938.
E. E. Ogle Store Day Book
This collection contains a day book for the E.E. Ogle Store of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The handwritten ledger contains sales and purchases that took place throughout 1897. It is organized alphabetically by patrons of the store.
Economy Millwork Manufacturing Company Cash Sales Book
This collection includes a cash sales account book for the Economy Millwork Manufacturing Company in Vestal, Tennessee from 1828-1829.
General Store Ledger Book
A handwritten ledger book contains records of purchases and trades made by an unidentified general store, possibly near Lake City, Tennessee, from 1911-1912.
Greeneville Board of Mayor and Alderman Tax Lists
This collection contains two ledger books from Greeneville, Tennessee, with entries from the Board of Mayor and Alderman on tax reports, town codes, and more between 1818 and 1871.
Holston Paper Mill Account Books
These account books for Holston Paper Mill are ledgers documenting buyers who purchased from the company during the years 1825-1836.
Hooper Weakley Matthews Account Book
This collection contains an account book for Hooper Weakley Matthews of Bellsburgh (Dickson County), Tennessee. The account book is organized chronologically.
Hurricane Iron & Mining Company Account Book
This collection contains an account book for Hurricane Iron & Mining Company from 1840.
Imperial Transfers Company Cash Book
This collection contains a cash book by the Imperial Transfers Company dated 1907 to 1910. The handwritten book contains information on daily cash receipts, pay rolls, and transfers with patrons. The first page indicates that the company's proprietors are "Brown and McCulla."
Island Ford Mills Account Book
The collection contains one handwritten account book for Island Ford Mills in Jefferson County, Tenn. from 1863-1867.
J. Allen Smith and Company Day Book
This collection is an account book from April-June 1888 for J. Allen Smith and Company in Knoxville, Tennessee.
J. R. Payne Real Estate Ledger
This collection includes a ledger dated 1911 for J. R. Payne Real Estate as inscribed on the first page. The book includes information about sales, rentals, and clients of the East Tennessee-based company. Also included are some loose materials including notes, correspondence dating between 1912-1918, and company letterhead for "J. H. Payne, Farms Any Size in Any Part of East Tennessee, Timber, Mineral and Grazing Lands."
J. T. Stewart Furniture Company Day Books and Ledger
This collection contains six ledger books of J. T. Stewart Furniture Company dating 1905-1928.
James Collingsworth Account
This collection contains one detailed bill from 1797 for James Collingsworth for "smith work done by him for the Cherokee" as he was ordered to do by General Robertson.
James Lynn Ledger
This collection houses a ledger that tracks James Lynn's purchases from 1859-1890.
Johannes Kreis Account Books
These thirteen small notebooks, written primarily in German, contain daily lists of purchases or sales with prices. The three notebooks in English list groceries and dry goods. Some notebooks also include grids with monthly tallies.
John H. Kain Ledger
This collection contains a ledger book belong to John H. Kain, a resident of Shelbyville, Tennessee. The dates of the ledger range from 1828 to 1848.
John Jackson Polk Ledger
This collection consists of a single ledger, which records the goods and services purchased from John Jackson Polk from January-September 1891.
John Thompson Diary
This collection consists of a handwritten diary of John Thompson's with entries dated between 1803-1811. Included is a travel account of Thompson's journey by boat from Nashville, Tennessee, to New Orleans, Louisiana, and his return on land via the Natchez Trace. Other entries include recipes, remedies, and miscellaneous tales. Typed notes about his entries accompanies the diary.
John W. Cates Account Books
This collection includes two account books of Dr. John W. Cates. The first book dates from July 1863 to April 1865. The second book dates from September 1878 to October 1881. The books are handwritten, and they include names and costs of his services.
- Subject: Account books. X
- Account books -- Tennessee. 30
- Account books. 22
- Account books -- Kentucky. 8
- Fulton (Ky.) -- History. 8
- Hardware stores -- Kentucky. 8
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 5
- Blacksmiths -- Tennessee. 3
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 3
- Mills and mill-work -- Tennessee -- History. 3
- Account books -- Tennessee -- Jefferson County. 2
- Bedford County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Diaries. 2
- General stores -- Tennessee. 2
- Greene County (Tenn.) 2
- Greene County (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 2
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Merchants. 2
- Physicians -- Tennessee. 2
- Unionville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Agriculture -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Agriculture -- United States -- Management. 1
- Alabama. 1
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Blount County (Tenn.) 1
- Business -- Tennessee. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee. 1
- Cherokee Indians. 1
- Construction industry -- Accounting. 1
- Cotton -- United States. 1
- Debts, Public -- United States -- History. 1
- Dickson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Dry-goods -- Tennessee. 1
- Estates (Law) -- United States. 1
- Feed mills -- Tennessee. 1
- Franklin (Tenn.) 1
- Furniture 1
- Gatlinburg (Tenn.) 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.). 1
- Gristmills -- Tennessee. 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.) 1
- Hickman County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Indians of North America -- Tennessee. 1
- Iron industry and trade -- Tennessee. 1
- Iron mines and mining -- Tennessee. 1
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 1
- Lumber trade -- Tennessee. 1
- Madison County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- McMinn County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions. 1
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Mississippi River -- Description and travel. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Rheatown (Tenn.) 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 1
- Shelby County (Tenn.) 1
- Shelbyville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tax collection -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Description and travel. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- Tennessee, West. 1
- United States -- Commerce. 1
- Williamson County (Tenn.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- English 60
- German 1