Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 23
Affirmative Action and Desegregation Collection
This collection contains statistics on minority faculty, staff, and students, plans for desegregation, records of the statewide Desegregation Monitoring Committee, and information relating to the stipulations of Geier fulfillment documenting the enhancement of diversity at the University of Tennessee.
Arthur Swann Letters and Grade Reports
Bet Fryer Collection of University Memorabilia
This collection is composed primarily of memorabilia documenting Bet Fryer's time at the University of Tennessee, including newspaper clippings, programs, brochures, certificates, trophies, and a cap.
Black Students’ Union Orientation Handbook
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
Civil Rights Collection
Commission for Blacks Collection
This collection contains materials documenting the Commission for Blacks at the University of Tennessee, an advisory group to the Chancellor designed to address issues affecting black faculty, staff, and students on campus. Materials include statements of goals, meeting agendas, correspondence, reports of complaints over racial issues, and other documents.
Commission for Women Records
This collection houses meeting minutes, reports, papers, notes, and records of awards documenting the activities of the University of Tennessee's Commission for Women from 1970 to 2002. The bulk of the material dates from the 1980s.
Dean of Women Collection
This collection houses annual reports, papers, and other materials documenting the Dean of Women at the University of Tennessee.
Gary Beck Letters
This collection includes one folder of two letters from Gary Beck at the University of Tennessee to his parents in Ocala, Florida.
Jennie and Mary Templeton Notebook and Other Materials
Lane College Baseball Team Photograph
Collection contains a single mounted photograph of the 1912 Lane College baseball team. The image depicts thirteen African American men including ten uniformed players and three men in suits. This photograph belonged to Arthur Riley, the catcher for the team. On the back of the mounting, the names of the players and their positions are written.
Lane College Scrapbook
This collection consists of a 45-page scrapbook created by Lessie Belle Spann during her senior year at Lane College in 1923. The scrapbook includes photos cut from yearbooks, poems and messages from classmates, and several personal photos from Spann. The collection also includes 5 loose photographs of Lane College classrooms, President James F. Lane (presided 1907-1944), and a student boxer.
Lou Daughtry Scrapbooks
This collection houses photocopies of two scrapbooks that Lou Daughtry compiled during her time at the University of Tennessee (1950-1952). Among the items included are clippings, programs, photographs, invitations, ticket stubs, and calendars.
Mildred McPherson Papers
The collection consists of personal papers, correspondence, pencil drawings and oversized newspapers created or collected by Mildred McPherson and her family between the years 1899 to 1988.
Minority Student Affairs Collection
This collection houses information documenting minority student affairs on the University of Tennessee campus, including statistics on black enrollment, handbooks, information on black studies programs, newsletters, and other materials.
Philomathian Society Catalog
A library catalog for the Philomathian Society at Cumberland University in Tennessee. The catalog includes a list of books in the society's library from May 20, 1844. There is also a chronological account of books borrowed between 1845 and 1848 from the library. This list includes surname of borrower, book number (which corresponds to the book list), date borrowed and returned.
Records and Memorabilia regarding Student Organizations and Activities
This collection houses a variety of materials documenting student activities and organizations at the University of Tennessee between 1838 and 1991.
Richard L. White Letters regarding East Tennessee University,
Richard L. White wrote the bulk of the letters in this collection to his father, Thomas White, while he was studying at East Tennessee University in 1846. Also included are a letter that White wrote to his father from California in 1852 and a letter that Joseph Estabrook enclosed with R. L. White's school report.
Robert B. Morris Photographs
The bulk of these photographs depict the Carnicus events held at the University of Tennessee in 1958 and 1959. Other images show All Sing (1958) and the UT Band.
Samuel Bond Letter
This collection is a letter from Samuel Bond to his sister Melinda Bond from June 25, 1825. The collection also includes a photocopy of a letter from Stanley J. Folmsbee, Professor Emeritus, to Sam Smith, faculty member in the History Department at the University of Tennessee. This photocopied letter provides background information on the Bond letter and is dated December 3, 1971.
- Subject: College students -- Tennessee. X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 14
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 10
- College students -- Tennessee. 9
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 8
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 7
- African American teachers. 3
- African Americans -- Education. 3
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 3
- African Americans -- Tennessee. 2
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 2
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Segregation in higher education -- United States. 2
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 2
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- African American farmers -- Tennessee. 1
- Agricultural laborers. 1
- Civil rights -- Mississippi. 1
- Civil rights -- Periodicals. 1
- Civil rights -- Tennessee. 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 1
- College student government. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Franklin County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Haywood County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Race relations. 1
- Lane College -- History. 1
- Lebanon (Tenn.) 1
- Letters. 1
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 1
- Minority college students -- Tennessee. 1
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 1
- School integration -- Southern States. 1
- Southern States -- Social conditions -- Periodicals. 1
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Southern States. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 1
- Women -- Education -- United States. 1
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965. Speeches. Selections 1 ∧ less