Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 33
306th Bomb Group Historical Association Directories
The 306th Bombardment Group Historical Association, an organization founded to promote communication between veterans of the unit, published its first directory in April of 1984. Each of the two directories in this collection contain the names and addresses of each veteran arranged alphabetically, geographically, and by squadron.
Air Defense and Warfare Publications
Bernarr Cresap Papers
This collection consists of a photocopied manuscript for Mementos of World War II, photographs, and press clippings from Bernarr Cresap's service in the United States Air Force during WWII.
Charles Kelly Papers
This collection consists of photographs, publications, maps, and military ephemera relating to Charles Kelly’s service in the United States Air Force, during World War II. Kelly was a member of the fifth bomber command group, which served in the Philippines.
Chester Marshall Papers
This collection is comprised of photographs of the 73rd Bomb Wing, stationed in Saipan during World War II. The photos include images of B-29 bombers as they were sent on raids to Japan, as well as official Air Force photographs, aerial shots, and photographs of the members of the 878th Bomb Squadron. The collection also contains Chester Marshall's personal military documents including orders and memorandums. Two book jackets are also included from his published works.
Cornell Houston Papers
This collection consists of books, currency, maps, negatives, notes, photographs, and press clippings pertaining to Cornell Houston's service in the United States Air Force during World War II.
David F. Ross Collection
This collection features various military documents, photographs, and books from David F. Ross, a Lieutenant in the 5th Air Force deployed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
Ed Merkel Memoir
This autographed memoir, entitled "My Last Mission", describes Lieutenant Colonel Ed Merkel's time, May 1943 -July 1945, as a B-17 pilot and German POW during World War II.
Eugene Adkins Papers
This collection contains the papers of Eugene Adkins related to his time in WWII.
Franklin B. Cooling Collection
Collection includes a copy of ULTRA and the Army Air Forces in World War II edited by Diane T. Putney.
Gordon Beem Collection
This collection includes Gordon Beem's personnel records, other military documents, correspondence, and newspaper clippings as well as photographs and film negatives documenting his time with the U. S. Air Force during the Korean and Cold Wars.
Gordon R. Beem Oral History
This collection consists of an interview with Gordon R. Beem for the Veteran's Oral History Project, Center for the Study of War and Society, March 28, 2000. Mr. Beem served as a major of the United States Air Force in Korea.
Harold B. Murray Papers
This collection consists of Harold Murray's personal correspondence, photographs, and military records from his service in World War II, as well as an extensive collection of newsletters about the United States Army Air Force.
Henry Kent Memoir
This memoir (richly illustrated with copies of original photographs) documents Henry Kent's service as a pilot in North Africa and Italy during World War II. Kent discusses such subjects as the planes in use during World War II, the day-to-day operations of his unit, and the activities of his various friends while capturing the hardship, fear, and humor of the situation.
Henry W. Kent Memoir
This collection houses a copy (on CD) of Henry W. Kent's memoirs documenting his experience with the 86th Fighter Squadron (then assigned to the 79th Fighter Group) in North Africa during World War II. It contains detailed descriptions and photographs (many in color) of their service.
Hogins Family Collection
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
Jack A. Thompson Papers
This collection contains the papers of Jack Thompson, relating to his time spent in the United States Air Force and World War II.
James J. Akins Collection
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
Jasper Bailey World War II Memoir
The Jasper Bailey World War II Memoir, 1944-1945, is a personal collection by Jasper Bailey of his World War II experiences entitled You'll Go Places on This Team!. Bailey flew 50 missions as a radio-gunner in Europe during World War II.
Jesse W. Townsend Papers
This collection consists of Jessie Townsend’s military record -- including assignments, executive orders, training requests and clearances -- and his aeronautical manuals and class notes from his service in the United States Air Force during World War II.
- United States. Air Force. 27
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 24
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 6
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- Cold War. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans. 2
- Photographs. 2
- United States. Air Force -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 2
- United States. Army. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 1
- Aviation Education Programs (U. S.). 1
- Flight training -- Tennessee. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Photography. 1
- Lackland Air Force Base (Tex.) 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pilot training. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Air Force -- Facilities. 1
- United States. Air Force -- History -- 20th century. 1
- United States. Air Force ROTC. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Guam. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Soviet Union. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less