Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
This collection is that of Albert F. Tramposch, Staff Sergeant of the 529th Fighter Squadron stationed in China during World War Two. The years spanning this collection are from 1942 to 1946 and contain diaries, photographs, memorabilia, pamphlets and booklets, publications, maps and personal military files.
This collection includes one photocopy of Arthur B. Cox Jr.’s autobiography, “Escape through Enemy Territory.” The story details Cox’s service with the U. S. Army Air Corps during World War II in the European Theater, including his experience of being shot down over France, spending time with a French family before escaping to Spain, and spending a month in a Spanish prison before being rescued.
The Edward Williamson Collection, 1945, consists of a book compiled by Williamson entitled Wild Tales of the Blue Yonder. The book contains stories of 21 pilots who graduated from the Army Air Corps Class of 1945-B.
This collection includes a transcript of an interview with George Lawson, World War II veteran, and the subsequent news article written about his service.
This collection includes the manuscripts, self-published book, and memoirs written by World War II Fighter Pilot J. Fred Baumann.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
Papers of World War II veteran Joseph B. Boyd, including publications and photocopies of articles. Publications are from 1995 and include 1st Fighter News, WWII Nightfighters Newsletter, and The Flying Sergeant. Photocopied articles include information about Boyd's service.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
This collection consists of the correspondence and personal effects documenting the life and death of Robert L. Forrester Jr., a pilot in the Army Air Corps during World War II.
A typescript copy of Robert S. Crouse’s memoir, “There I Was…The Wartime Memoir of a Junior Birdman.” This story details Crouse’s time with the U. S. Army Air Corps from his basic training to his service as a bomber pilot in the Mediterranean Theater during World War II.
World War II-era publications belonging to veteran Ullin L. Bivens.
This collection contains several copies of the "Chandelle," a publication from the Station Hospital in Moody Field, Georgia from 1944 and 1945 regarding its Convalescent Training Program. Also included is a Toastmasters address, a letter from Walter Lassen, and a Station Hospital Booklet.
This collection contains the personal correspondence, memorabilia, and newspaper clippings of William F. Baggerman during his career in the United States Army Air Corps during World War Two. Most of the collection is correspondence between Baggerman and his family, comprised of concerns for family business and the situation at home. The collection spans from early in basic training until the end of the war.
This collection includes recorded interviews with World War II veterans. In addition to their wartime experiences, veterans are asked about their upbringing, their lives before entering the service, and their attempts to readjust to civilian life after discharge. Information regarding theatre, branch and interviewer have been included when available. Transcripts are available for some interviews.
- Subject: United States. Army. Air Corps. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 2
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Photographs. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Wilson County (Tenn.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less