Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
This collection consists of a number of World War II-era aerial photographs of Bologna, Italy and surrounding areas, taken in March and April 1945 by the U. S. Army's 423rd Field Artillery Group. They show potential targets and the results of artillery shelling by American forces, including destroyed buildings and fields covered with craters.
This collection consists of memoir titled, A Brief History of Marine Air Warning Squadron Eight by Ed. Farmer, written in 1984. It includes a history of the Marine Air Warning Air Squadron Eight stationed in Okinawa, Japan during World War II. The booklet includes maps and personnel rosters of the various operations of MAWS-8 as they landed in Okinawa.
This collection contains two copies of a booklet about the Tennessee Barrage Training Center at Camp Tyson. The booklet includes images of the training center as well as short descriptions about the history of Camp Tyson and barrage balloons.
This collection houses papers documenting Camp Tyson, a military base located near Paris, Tennessee during World War II. It contains photographs, documents, forms, and manuals relating to camp operations.
These papers document Cecil Staley’s service with the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II in the Pacific Theatre of Operations. Included are Staley’s typed accounts of his missions in Japan from December 1944 to July 1945.
This collection features three newspaper clippings about Lieutenant Charles O. Rainwater's crash landing in April of 1943 in Central America during World War II. The collection also houses a map of France sent to Rainwater's father with an accompanying letter, dated May 19, 1943, and several undated photographs of Rainwater, his plane, and the plane wreckage.
The China-Burma-India Hump Pilots Association newsletter housed in this collection is dated 1991 October 30 and contains letters from the President and Chairman of the Board to the membership, notes from the last convention, and lists of new members, life members, and deceased members. The roster provides a list of the Association's members (including address, spouse's name, phone number, role in the operation, and wartime base).
This collection includes typed biographical notes and a short memoir as well as photocopies of photographs and articles all documenting the life and World War II service of Neil Schultz.
This collection consists of photocopies of newspaper clippings regarding Sgt. Reginald Ferguson's disappearance while overseas during World War II.
A typescript copy of Robert S. Crouse’s memoir, “There I Was…The Wartime Memoir of a Junior Birdman.” This story details Crouse’s time with the U. S. Army Air Corps from his basic training to his service as a bomber pilot in the Mediterranean Theater during World War II.
The Wiley O. Woods Diary, 1944-1945, consists of a photocopy of Woods' World War II diary. Woods wrote every day from November 26, 1944 to November 1, 1945. Woods' diary gives insight and understanding to flight groups' activities during World War II.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Paris (Tenn.) -- History 1
- United States. Air Force -- History -- 20th century. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Reconnaissance operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less