Showing Collections: 201 - 220 of 467
Hugo Lang World War II Collection
This collection houses certificates, articles, correspondence, pamphlets, maps, and photographs documenting the history of the Jewish community in Goeppingen, Germany and Hugo Lang's service with the U. S. Army during the Second World War. Of particular interest are the items showing Lang's emigration from Germany shortly before its Jewish population was deported and murdered.
Interview with Lemuel Sparks
This collection consists of an interview transcription with Lemuel Sparks conducted by G. Kurt Piehler and Viviana Chapa on March 13, 2001.
This collection houses newspaper articles from 1938 Florida newspapers. These items document the intensification of the Nazi threat to world stability during 1938.
Ira H. Hayes Memoir
This collection contains a photocopy of Ira Hayes' handwritten manuscript documenting his World War II experiences, particularly the assault on Iwo Jima. In addition to describing intelligence and combat preparation for the operation, Hayes also includes the anecdotes and personal stories of his peers during the campaign. The document includes several inserts written by other soldiers as well as transcribed letters.
Irving Elias V-Mail and Photograph
This collection consists of three V-Mail letters and cartoon sketches (dating 1943-1944) that Staff Sergeant Irving Elias wrote to his wife, Belle Elias, while he was serving with the U. S. Army during War II. Also included is a photograph of Sergeant Elias at an Allied base in New Caledonia, a free French colony in the South Pacific.
J. C. Scarbrough Collection
This collection consists of two newspaper clippings from 1995 featuring World War II veteran J. C. Scarbrough as well as a typewritten narrative called Thoughts About D-Day by Scarbrough.
J. D. Culberson Photographs
A collection of approximately 55 photographs from World War II veteran J. D. Culberson that depict areas and peoples in the Pacific Theater, such as Guadalcanal and the Russell Islands, from 1943-1944.
J. Fred Baumann Collection
This collection includes the manuscripts, self-published book, and memoirs written by World War II Fighter Pilot J. Fred Baumann.
J. Guy Boswell Jr. Correspondence
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
J. Harold Harveston Papers
This collection consists of correspondence between J. Harold Harveston, a radioman in the U.S. Navy during World War II, and his parents. It also contains an undated newspaper clipping regarding Harveston from the Knoxville News Sentinel.
J. P. Hess Certificate
A certificate awarded to J. P. Hess from the Office of Price Administration in 1945 for “time and effort to the price control and rationing program.”
J. Paul Thomas Collection
This collection features a copy of History and Records: 137th Armored Ordnance Maintenance Battalion, 16th AD, 1942-1953. This book recollects the experiences and daily life of the 137th Armored Ordnance and contains military documents and photographs.
J. Porter Taylor Collection
This collection features materials related to James Porter Taylor's interactions with the Office of Naval Officers Procurement and the Selective Service during World War II while he worked for the Tennessee Valley Authority. Materials include classification cards, correspondence, service documents, and TVA memorandums.
J. Richard Vincent Memoir
This collection consists of All Hands Man Your Battle Stations, a memoir written by J. R. Vincent. He was a former AOM USNR who fought in World War II and Korea.
Jack A. Thompson Papers
This collection contains the papers of Jack Thompson, relating to his time spent in the United States Air Force and World War II.
Jack H. McCall Jr. Papers
James A. Ramsey Collection
This collection includes material from James A. Ramsey's service during World War II as a part of the U.S. Navy. It features his diary, a copy of his journal, a seaman's handbook, several photographs, documents from his naval service, and a series of naval stories written by Ramsey after his service.
James and Winifred Carter Photograph Album
This collection features 40 photographs of the 74th General Hospital, specifically of Ward 14.
James Bowman Publications
Publications belonging to World War II veteran James Bowman including a photocopy of a 1945 “Monsoon Weather Digest” from India-China Division, Air Transport Command, and a 1996 issue of "Ex-CBI Roundup.” These publications include handwritten notes throughout, presumably written by Bowman.
James C. Havron Photographs
A collection of photocopies of photographs documenting James C. Havron’s military service in Alaska during World War II. Places documented include Dutch Harbor and Attu Island.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 267
- World War, 1939-1945. 99
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 98
- United States. Army. 92
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 59
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 51
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 45
- United States. Navy. 43
- United States. Army Air Forces. 31
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 31
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- United States. Air Force. 23
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 7
- Rationing -- United States -- History. 6
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 6
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 5
- Oral history -- United States. 4
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 4
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 4
- Prisoners of war -- United States. 4
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 4
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 4
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 3
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 3
- V-mail. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 3
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 2
- Art. 2
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 2
- Camp Forrest (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Crossville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Crossville Internment Camp (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Louisiana -- History. 2
- Military training camps -- Tennessee. 2
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Tennessee -- Crossville. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- United States. Navy -- Women. 2
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa. 2 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 2