Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 261
This collection includes photographs, maps, papers, newspapers, documents, booklets, and other publications kept by Brig. General Dwight L. McReynolds during his service in World War II (European Theater) and shortly after.
These papers consist of two December 1944 action records for the Destroyer USS Edwards made by the ship's Commanding Officer, Earl W. Quintrell. Also included are his typed answers to a 2002 questionnaire from a researcher, and a letter to the National Archives where copies of the action reports were sent.
This autographed memoir, entitled "My Last Mission", describes Lieutenant Colonel Ed Merkel's time, May 1943 -July 1945, as a B-17 pilot and German POW during World War II.
In this interview, Edgar C. Wilson discusses the end of his service in World War II and his postwar life in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This collection consists of two pamphlets distributed to United States and Allied troops during World War II. The U. S. War Department distributed the first of these booklets to American troops newly arrived in England to provide them with an introduction to English culture. The second pamphlet was given to all Allied troops and highlights various aspects of Paris nightlife and tourist attractions.
This collection houses a published history of the 80th Division detailing its training and combat experiences, several photos of a veteran's reunion, a photograph of Edgar Wilson, and correspondence documenting veterans' associations. One memoir recalls Captain Sam Williams.
The Edgar Wilson Oral History, 2003-2004, is a typescript of an oral history interview with Edgar Wilson by Dr. Kurt Piehler, Greg Kupsky, and Patrick Leverton of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on Wilson's World War II experiences, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
This collection houses Edgar Wilson's scrapbook documenting a 1992 reunion of the 2nd Battalion of the 319th Infantry (nicknamed the Wreckin' Second). The scrapbook contains primarily letters and flyers showing the planning of the event, which took place in Pigeon Forge and Knoxville on May 14, 1992, and photographs from the reunion. Also included is some information on the battalion's history.
The Edward Feagins World War II Memoir, 1943-1946, entitled A Country Boy in World War Two chronicles Feagins's experiences in World War II. The narrative covers drafting, boot camp, war, and his return home.
This collection consists of 41 correspondences and commentaries by Edward G. Harris to his mother, grandmother, and grant aunt during his service in the United States Army Air Force during World War II.
This collection consists of Edward P. Laughlin's WWII Memoir A Paratrooper's Journey, written in 1999. He describes his initial Army experiences during basic training, jump school, and demolition school. He also discusses his combat action, including his part in the Battle of the Bulge, and his role in the Berlin occupation.
This collection consists of an invitation to the commission ceremony for the USS Abercrombie in May 1944.
The Edward Williamson Collection, 1945, consists of a book compiled by Williamson entitled Wild Tales of the Blue Yonder. The book contains stories of 21 pilots who graduated from the Army Air Corps Class of 1945-B.
This collection features military documents, photographs, maps, and memorabilia from Edwin Best's service with the 618th Ordinance Ammunition Company in the European Theater during World War II.
This collection includes news articles and a news release notice from World War II.
This collection features a copy of Elmore Allen Green's recollections of his time in the US Air Force serving in the European theater during World War II.
This collection features two manuals for growing victory gardens in America during World War II. Also included are three copies of Uncle Sam's Almanac from the mid-1940s.
This collection includes photographs and postcards from Emil C. Baar's time in England and France serving in World War II in 1945.
Articles written by World War II veteran Eric Aberg on atomic weaponry, specifically the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
This collection includes two daily records of events documenting Ernest Barlow's company's movements from March 1944 through July 1945. Barlow served during World War II with Company A of the 44th Engineer Battalion.
- United States. Army. 65
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 58
- World War, 1939-1945. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 38
- United States. Navy. 29
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 27
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Army Air Forces. 22
- United States. Air Force. 21
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 5
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1
- Paris (France) -- History -- 1940-1944. 1 ∧ less
- English 259
- German 1
- Japanese 1