Showing Collections: 141 - 160 of 4234
This collection consists of stock certificate number 142 from the state of Alabama for $500 at 8 percent, issued March 1, 1861. Issued for military defense from the Office of the Treasurer, the certificate is signed by W. J. Greene, the comptroller of public accounts, and Governor A. B. Moore.
This collection consists of letters to and from Alan D. Conger about Dr. Karl Sax and his wife, Dr. Hally Sax, newspaper articles about Dr. Sax, programs for award ceremonies given for Dr. Sax, a photograph of Dr. Karl Sax receiving an award, and published writings of Sax.
Donated by Dr. Alan S. Heilman himself, this postcard collection documents thirty years of friendly correspondence between academic acquaintances. These botanical photographic postcards provide brief insight to his time as a professor at the University of Tennessee from 1980 to 1997, sampling his continued passion for botanical photography in his retirement through the year 2009.
This collection consists of photographs taken by Alan S. Heilman of the University of Tennessee's Department of Botany. These images depict faculty members, students, meetings, fieldtrips, groups of people, and the biology building after it was destroyed by fire in 1934. The bulk of the photographs were taken between 1960 and 2004. The collection also houses negatives dating from 1962 to 1986.
Collection consists of copies of letters to and from both Albert and Frank Dietrich detailing Frank's military service and Albert's stance as a conscientious objector during the years of 1943-1947. The letters detail their debates over many issues, including the war. There are also many letters written from Frank to his wife, Chris, spanning from 1944-1947.
Transcriptions of Dr. Albert Burke's educational television show, "A Way of Thinking," broadcast from 1960-1962.
This collection consists primarily of a Testimonial of Service that the Louisville & Nashville Railroad Company presented to Albert Emil Staub when he retired on December 31, 1947 after 43 years of service. Also included are five snapshots of Staub and his wife, a clipping from the L & N Magazine, and a service book from Staub's funeral.
This collection houses four medals and their original presentation boxes awarded to Albert F. Tramposch for his service in the Army Air Force (529th Squadron, 311th Fighter Group) during World War II. The awards include the Good Conduct Medal, the American Campaign Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, and the World War II Victory Medal.
This collection is that of Albert F. Tramposch, Staff Sergeant of the 529th Fighter Squadron stationed in China during World War Two. The years spanning this collection are from 1942 to 1946 and contain diaries, photographs, memorabilia, pamphlets and booklets, publications, maps and personal military files.
This collection consists of a photo album by Albert G. (Dutch) Roth, containing pictures of the Smoky Mountains and the Smoky Mountain Hiking Club. The earliest dated photograph is December 1925; the latest dated photograph is May 2, 1937.
This collection consists of a political letter and bill addressed to Albert G. Welcker.
This collection consists of correspondence, court transcripts, financial papers, and other papers from Albert Gallatin Welcker, a lawyer in Cleveland, Tennessee. The papers are both of personal and professional nature.
In a December 20, 1919 letter to N. A. Eubank of Nashville, Governor Albert H. Roberts responds to an editorial regarding strip mining.
This collection contains a diary in which Albert Hall Bowman wrote his notes on his experiences during the invasion of Normandy in World War II.
This collection contains one tape of a recording of Albert Johnson's account on events that transpired at Midway Baptist Church in east Loudon County, Tennessee in the late 1940s and how those events affected the rest of the community.
The collection consists of one United States passport issued to Albert N. Strong by the City of Washington on June 6, 1889.
Albert Probert's cousin, David W. Davies, and sisters, Eliza (Probert) Freeman and Sarah Probert, wrote these letters to him between 1863 and May of 1865. Most reached him while he was stationed at Camp Chase (November 1863 to February 1864) and at Camp Dennison (March 1864 to May 1865).
This letter, written 1867 January 29, describes an attack on the 9th Tennessee Cavalry by a group of Confederate guerilla soldiers. Bayless is writing to Brownlow at Brownlow's request, and the letter is meant to detail the circumstances of Confederate guerilla John Pride's death.
This collection houses publications, patches, stickers, posters, and framed and signed photographs documenting Professor Albert T. Ichiki's work on the Spacelab Life Sciences 1 Mission (STS 40) and on the Spacelab Life Sciences 2 Mission (STS 58). It also includes several papers written by Ichiki's students about cancer research, slides of rat specimens not included in the Spacelab experiments, Ichiki's grant application to the American Heart Association, and two handwritten notebooks.
The Albert Watt Hobt Papers consist of Hobt's collection of poems concerning sports. Poetry of Sport is a collection of works by many authors which Mr. Hobt hoped to incorporate into a volume of poetry praising sports and sportsmen.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 348
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 306
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 289
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 250
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 245
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 129
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 103
- World War, 1939-1945. 100
- United States. Army. 95
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 95
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 86
- Tennessee -- History. 81
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 57
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 57
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 55
- Correspondence. 52
- United States. Navy. 50
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 48
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 46
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 45
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 44
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 42
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 41
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 40
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 39
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Slavery -- Tennessee 35
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 35
- Account books -- Tennessee. 34
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 32
- United States. Army Air Forces. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 29
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 28
- United States. Air Force. 28
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 28
- Photographs. 26
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Motion pictures -- United States. 24
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 24
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 21
- Tennessee -- Religion. 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 21
- Broadsides 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 19
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 19
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 19
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 18
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 17
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 17
- World War, 1914-1918. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Radiobiology. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 15
- Screenplays 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 14
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- College students -- Tennessee. 13
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 13
- Sheet music. 13
- United States -- Description and travel. 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13 ∧ less
- English 4204
- German 10
- Latin 8
- French 4
- Japanese 2