Showing Collections: 141 - 160 of 4189
This collection consists primarily of a Testimonial of Service that the Louisville & Nashville Railroad Company presented to Albert Emil Staub when he retired on December 31, 1947 after 43 years of service. Also included are five snapshots of Staub and his wife, a clipping from the L & N Magazine, and a service book from Staub's funeral.
This collection is that of Albert F. Tramposch, Staff Sergeant of the 529th Fighter Squadron stationed in China during World War Two. The years spanning this collection are from 1942 to 1946 and contain diaries, photographs, memorabilia, pamphlets and booklets, publications, maps and personal military files.
This collection consists of a photo album by Albert G. (Dutch) Roth, containing pictures of the Smoky Mountains and the Smoky Mountain Hiking Club. The earliest dated photograph is December 1925; the latest dated photograph is May 2, 1937.
This collection consists of a political letter and bill addressed to Albert G. Welcker.
This collection consists of correspondence, court transcripts, financial papers, and other papers from Albert Gallatin Welcker, a lawyer in Cleveland, Tennessee. The papers are both of personal and professional nature.
In a December 20, 1919 letter to N. A. Eubank of Nashville, Governor Albert H. Roberts responds to an editorial regarding strip mining.
This collection contains a diary in which Albert Hall Bowman wrote his notes on his experiences during the invasion of Normandy in World War II.
This collection contains one tape of a recording of Albert Johnson's account on events that transpired at Midway Baptist Church in east Loudon County, Tennessee in the late 1940s and how those events affected the rest of the community.
The collection consists of one United States passport issued to Albert N. Strong by the City of Washington on June 6, 1889.
Albert Probert's cousin, David W. Davies, and sisters, Eliza (Probert) Freeman and Sarah Probert, wrote these letters to him between 1863 and May of 1865. Most reached him while he was stationed at Camp Chase (November 1863 to February 1864) and at Camp Dennison (March 1864 to May 1865).
This letter, written 1867 January 29, describes an attack on the 9th Tennessee Cavalry by a group of Confederate guerilla soldiers. Bayless is writing to Brownlow at Brownlow's request, and the letter is meant to detail the circumstances of Confederate guerilla John Pride's death.
This collection houses publications, patches, stickers, posters, and framed and signed photographs documenting Professor Albert T. Ichiki's work on the Spacelab Life Sciences 1 Mission (STS 40) and on the Spacelab Life Sciences 2 Mission (STS 58). It also includes several papers written by Ichiki's students about cancer research, slides of rat specimens not included in the Spacelab experiments, Ichiki's grant application to the American Heart Association, and two handwritten notebooks.
The Albert Watt Hobt Papers consist of Hobt's collection of poems concerning sports. Poetry of Sport is a collection of works by many authors which Mr. Hobt hoped to incorporate into a volume of poetry praising sports and sportsmen.
Captain Albert Woodcock wrote this letter to "Dearest Leute" from camp near Franklin, Tennessee on May 6, 1863. In it, he describes daily life in camp, including a detailed diagram of the infantry's position.
This collection consists of correspondence and financial papers documenting Albion Tipton Blair of McMinn County, Tennessee between 1840 and 1884. These materials detail the goods and transactions of the general store he owned and the financial collapse of another one of his operations. In addition, the collection houses poetry written or copied by Blair's wife, Eliza Ann (Reynolds) Blair.
This collection consists of a pamphlet titled
Alcoa's Hydroelectric Developments in the Smoky Mountains. The pamphlet describes development of the Alcoa Aluminum Company's hydroelectric plants in the Smoky Mountains. Also included are two photographs, one of the Cheoah Development and one of the Narrows created by the Calderwood Dam.
This collection consists of research compiled by Alethea Helen Whitney on Winston Churchill. Research material includes: rough drafts for her book, press clippings, magazine and book publications.
This cassette tape records a talk that Alex Haley gave at Mills College on June 27, 1981. The tape's B side contains a talk given by Bud Gardner on the same date.
In this letter, Alex Haley thanks Mrs. William Harmon Farrow for sending him a book entitled Light and Truth by R. B. Lewis, A Colored Man, from her father's collection.
This collection consists primarily of a series of letters that Alex Haley wrote to Waller B. and Elaine S. Wiser between May of 1968 and February of 1975. Also included are clippings and reviews of Roots dating from 1968 to 1996.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 348
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 306
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 289
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 247
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 245
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 127
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 103
- World War, 1939-1945. 97
- United States. Army. 95
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 93
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 86
- Tennessee -- History. 81
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 57
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 55
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 55
- Correspondence. 52
- United States. Navy. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 48
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 48
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 44
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 44
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 44
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 42
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 41
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 40
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 38
- Slavery -- Tennessee 35
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 32
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 32
- Account books -- Tennessee. 31
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 29
- United States. Army Air Forces. 29
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 28
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 28
- United States. Air Force. 27
- Photographs. 26
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Motion pictures -- United States. 24
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 24
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 21
- Tennessee -- Religion. 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 21
- Broadsides 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 19
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 19
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 19
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 18
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 17
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 17
- World War, 1914-1918. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Radiobiology. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 15
- Screenplays 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- College students -- Tennessee. 13
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 13
- Sheet music. 13
- United States -- Description and travel. 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 13 ∧ less
- English 4159
- German 10
- Latin 8
- French 4
- Japanese 2