Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 317
This report, produced by the advisory search committee participating in the search for a Chancellor, includes short biographies of committee members, notes from meetings, schedules of interviews, and other information.
This collection houses biweekly newsletters published by the University of Tennessee's Office of the Chancellor. These publications discuss educational funding, university policies, international initiatives, and other campus news. During the time period represented here (1975-1984), Jack Reese was serving as the University's Chancellor.
This collection contains programs documenting the Chancellor's Honors Banquets held in 2005, 2006, and 2007. These programs include a list of collegiate scholars, the menu, and a list of the night's events. The collection also houses three publications that include photographs and short biographies of award winners (including the Macebearer Award) and information showing Outstanding Teacher Awards, notable women, distinguished scholars of the University, and other UT awards.
This collection includes minutes and supporting documents showing meetings of the Chancellor’s staff from their last meeting of 1988 through the middle of April 1989. Major topics discussed include university budget information, campus fundraising activities, admission and retention issues, and announcements of administrative openings at other institutions. The Chancellor under which these meetings occurred was Jack Reese.
This collection houses University of Tennessee Professor Charles E. Wylie's personal files.
This collection houses a Chi Delta Phi (University of Tennessee Chapter) magazine entitled The Litterateur dating from March of 1940 and a membership pin. The magazine includes literary pieces written by Chi Delta Phi members and the membership pin is engraved with the name Betty Greer and date Feb. 15, 1940.
This collection contains materials documenting Professor Clinton Allison’s service in the Department of Education at the University of Tennessee. Items housed in the collection include newsletters from the department, state and university publications on secondary and higher education, and meeting agendas and minutes from Allison’s tenure as president of the Faculty Senate.
This collection houses newspaper clippings and press releases documenting the partnership between the University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Among the subjects covered are cooperative ventures, research projects, and relations with the United States Department of Energy.
This collection houses invitations, programs, correspondence, news clippings, and certificates of recognition documenting the investiture of Jimmy G. Cheek as the University of Tennessee's seventh Chancellor on May 1, 2009.
This collection contains budget funding proposals (including funding priorities and administrative information) from colleges and other University of Tennessee administrative offices for the year 2004.
The college of Architecture and Design published this newsletter, entitled Perspective, in Fall of 2005. It includes the announcement of John McRae’s appointment as Dean of the College and an obituary for professor Marian Moffett in addition to information about UT's hosting of the Southern Architecture Conference, faculty activities, student work, alumni news, and other topics.
The college of Architecture and Design published this newsletter, entitled Perspective, in Fall of 2001. It includes an announcement of Professor Stroud Watson's receipt of the Thomas Jefferson Award for Public Architecture and articles on the Studio in Sustainability, national awards won by students, and faculty research.
The College of Arts and Sciences published this magazine, entitled Higher Ground, in the Spring of 2008. It includes information about Fulbright Scholarships granted to faculty, an article on teaching English composition in the 21st century, and a discussion of an oceanography research group.
The College of Arts and Sciences published this magazine, entitled Higher Ground, in the Spring of 2004. It includes an interview with Dean Stuart Riggsby and articles about service learning, the Global Studies Program, University of Tennessee professors researching the physical nature of Mars, and the School of Music's symphony orchestra.
This collection houses the Spring 2004 issue of the College of Communication and Information's newsletter, entitled Full Circle. Its articles address the search for a new dean, students spending a semester in Washington, and the ramifications of the Patriot Act.
This collection houses reports that the University of Tennessee's College of Education produced on a variety of subjects, including training programs for teachers, initiatives of local county school systems, and government projects.
This collection houses photographs and slides depicting the University of Tennessee College of Education's participation in the 1970 Science and Survival Conference in Washington, D.C. and the College's 1971 graduate picnic. Most of the individuals in the photographs are unidentified.
This collection consists primarily of materials documenting the UT College of Education's creation of policy and routine operations. Other documents address curriculum matters, either within the College of Education or as they relate to other University colleges and programs of study.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 314
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 198
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 81
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 10
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 8
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 8
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 7
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 6
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 6
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 6
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 5
- Architecture -- Study and teaching. 5
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 4
- History -- Study and teaching. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- Agriculture -- Study and teaching. 3
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 3
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 3
- College students -- Tennessee. 3
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 3
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 3
- Education -- Study and teaching. 3
- Education -- Tennessee. 3
- Music -- Instruction and study. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 3
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- College students. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- 4-H clubs -- Tennessee. 1
- Advertising -- Study and teaching. 1
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 -- Tennessee. 1
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 1
- Architecture -- Poland. 1
- Art -- Study and teaching. 1
- Autograph albums. 1
- Botanical illustration. 1
- Business education -- Tennessee. 1
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 1
- Civil rights -- Tennessee. 1
- Collective bargaining -- College employees. 1
- College buildings -- Tennessee. 1
- College presidents -- Selection and appointment. 1
- College radio stations. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College teachers -- United States -- Rating of. 1
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Corporations -- Charitable contributions -- Tennessee. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Economics -- Study and teaching. 1
- Education -- Louisiana. 1
- Educational psychology -- Study and teaching. 1
- Endowments -- Tennessee. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Franklin County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Graduation (School). 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) 1
- Graphic arts -- Study and teaching. 1
- Hancock County (Tenn.) 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Congresses. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945), and the arts. 1
- Interdisciplinary approach in education -- Tennessee. 1
- Jews -- Study and teaching. 1
- Kingsport (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Labor unions -- Tennessee. 1
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Law schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Lebanon (Tenn.) 1
- Letters. 1
- Library education -- United States. 1
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition (1904 : Saint Louis, Mo.). 1
- Medical education -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less