Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 351
This collection consists primarily of contracts made between the University of Tennessee and such organizations as the V. L. Nicholson Construction Company, the U.S. Government, and the Tennessee Valley Authority. These documents are arranged alphabetically by company. Also included are bonds and leases (arranged alphabetically by company) and campus building specifications (arranged alphabetically by building).
This collection includes single pamphlet entitled The By-Laws of the Board of Trustees, as adopted on January 22, 1920. It includes rules, procedures, meetings, voting policies, committees, and duties of the trustees.
This collection houses materials collected by University of Tennessee student Cyrus B. Alexander. These items include an Athletic Association ticket for intercollegiate games during the 1919-1920 season, a tuition receipt for the second term of 1918-1919, a pamphlet for the Summer School of the South's Manual Training and Mechanical Drawing program, and a newsletter from Charles Ferris, Dean of Engineering, dated July 12, 1921.
This collection houses newsletters published on the University of Tennessee campus (including the Law School's Taylor Times, the Medical Center's Monitor, and alumni newsletters) and correspondence documenting their content and development.
This collection houses the program for the May 1958 Carnicus entitled Ye 1958 Carnicus or Much Ado About Nothing. Among the skits performed were parodies of Peyton Place and Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower.
This collection houses the 1973-74 Annual Report of Research and Service Activities issued by the Center for Business and Economic Research on the University of Tennessee campus. It includes background and objectives, descriptions of studies conducted, and notes on funding.
This collection houses a proposal and supporting correspondence advocating the designation of UT’s Center for Textile Materials Research as a campus Center of Excellence.
This report, produced by the advisory search committee participating in the search for a Chancellor, includes short biographies of committee members, notes from meetings, schedules of interviews, and other information.
This collection houses biweekly newsletters published by the University of Tennessee's Office of the Chancellor. These publications discuss educational funding, university policies, international initiatives, and other campus news. During the time period represented here (1975-1984), Jack Reese was serving as the University's Chancellor.
This collection contains programs documenting the Chancellor's Honors Banquets held in 2005, 2006, and 2007. These programs include a list of collegiate scholars, the menu, and a list of the night's events. The collection also houses three publications that include photographs and short biographies of award winners (including the Macebearer Award) and information showing Outstanding Teacher Awards, notable women, distinguished scholars of the University, and other UT awards.
This collection includes minutes and supporting documents showing meetings of the Chancellor’s staff from their last meeting of 1988 through the middle of April 1989. Major topics discussed include university budget information, campus fundraising activities, admission and retention issues, and announcements of administrative openings at other institutions. The Chancellor under which these meetings occurred was Jack Reese.
This collection houses University of Tennessee Professor Charles E. Wylie's personal files.
This collection houses a Chi Delta Phi (University of Tennessee Chapter) magazine entitled The Litterateur dating from March of 1940 and a membership pin. The magazine includes literary pieces written by Chi Delta Phi members and the membership pin is engraved with the name Betty Greer and date Feb. 15, 1940.
This collection houses a program (which provides the evening's schedule and menu, photographs, a list of past productions, a short history of the theater, biographies of Clarence Brown and Dale Dickey, and a list of sponsors), a list of live and silent auction items, and a thank-you card documenting the Clarence Brown Theatre's 35th Anniversary Gala. This event took place in Knoxville on September 20, 2009.
This collection contains materials documenting Professor Clinton Allison’s service in the Department of Education at the University of Tennessee. Items housed in the collection include newsletters from the department, state and university publications on secondary and higher education, and meeting agendas and minutes from Allison’s tenure as president of the Faculty Senate.
Collection of University of Tennessee Commencement and Student Event Programs, Invitations, and Other Material
This collection houses East Tennessee University and University of Tennessee commencement programs, invitations to campus events, speeches, excerpts, and pamphlets documenting student life at the University from 1850 to 1950.
This collection houses newspaper clippings and press releases documenting the partnership between the University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Among the subjects covered are cooperative ventures, research projects, and relations with the United States Department of Energy.
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 348
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 218
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 87
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 12
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 11
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 10
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 9
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 8
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 8
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 8
- College students -- Tennessee. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 7
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 5
- Architecture -- Study and teaching. 5
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 5
- Teachers -- Training of -- Tennessee. 5
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 4
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 4
- History -- Study and teaching. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 4
- Agriculture -- Study and teaching. 3
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 3
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 3
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 3
- Education -- Study and teaching. 3
- Education -- Tennessee. 3
- Music -- Instruction and study. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 3
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- College students. 2
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Graduation (School). 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- 4-H clubs -- Tennessee. 1
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 1
- Actions and defenses. 1
- Advertising -- Study and teaching. 1
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 -- Tennessee. 1
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 1
- Architecture -- Poland. 1
- Art -- Study and teaching. 1
- Autograph albums. 1
- Botanical illustration. 1
- Business education -- Tennessee. 1
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 1
- Civil rights -- Tennessee. 1
- Collective bargaining -- College employees. 1
- College buildings -- Tennessee. 1
- College presidents -- Selection and appointment. 1
- College radio stations. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College teachers -- Employment -- United States. 1
- College teachers -- United States -- Rating of. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Corporations -- Charitable contributions -- Tennessee. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Economics -- Study and teaching. 1
- Education -- Louisiana. 1
- Educational psychology -- Study and teaching. 1
- Endowments -- Tennessee. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Franklin County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) 1
- Graphic arts -- Study and teaching. 1
- Hancock County (Tenn.) 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Congresses. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945), and the arts. 1
- Interdisciplinary approach in education -- Tennessee. 1
- Jews -- Study and teaching. 1
- Kingsport (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Labor unions -- Tennessee. 1
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less