Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 32
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
This collection features two letters written from Carmichael Bohnson to his aunt Alice - one during his enrollment in the United States Army Air Force at Vanderbilt University and the other from his time spent in the Military Intelligence Service in Washington, D.C.
This collection includes V-mail correspondence sent by Charles Warr during 1944 from France and Germany. In these four notes to his future wife Virginia Campbell, Warr comments on conditions and the status of the war.
This collection contains various correspondence, permits, and newspaper clippings documenting Clifford Davis' service during and after World War II.
This collection documents the World War II service of Major Cortland A. Bassett. The collection includes correspondence, military documents, photographs, publications, newspaper clippings, and more that document his time with th 10th Armored Division in training and in the European Theater of War.
This collection features various military documents, photographs, and books from David F. Ross, a Lieutenant in the 5th Air Force deployed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This collection features correspondence between Sy Hyman and Dennis Coughlin as well as a collection of diary entries made by Hyman in 1946 from his World War II service.
This collection contains letters, sympathy cards, military science and tactics handbooks, and newspapers from Dewey Murphy's military service in Europe during World War II.
This collection contains the World War II correspondence, postcards, and news clippings kept by Florine W. Harper between 1942 and 1945.
This collection features two V-Mails written to Gena S. Sharp's daughters during World War II. One is from a doctor stationed in Europe and the other from a nurse in North Africa.
This collection of correspondence, photographs, and currency documents part of Harry A. Waddington's service in the Third Infantry Division of the Seventh Army Front in both the European and Pacific fronts during World War II.
Included is the correspondence from Robert H. Foster to his grandparents (Mr. and Mrs. G.L. Hill), mother (Ida Louise Hill ), sister (Dorothy Hill), and aunt (Mrs. Hollis Nunley) during his time served in WWII. Also included is a letter from Jean Brasfield to Mrs. Hill.
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
This collection includes several letters written to World War II soldier Jerome Kaufman, who served with the U.S. Navy, from his family and wife, as well as military documents from his service.
The material in this collection documents the World War II military service of Lloyd Hamilton Boyd. Included are approximately 50 letters written from Boyd to members of his family in North Carolina; these were written while Boyd was stationed at Camp Cooke in California as well as overseas in the European Theatre of War (including from England, France, Belgium, and Germany). Also included are ration books, unused V-mail sheets, copies of newspaper clippings, and some memorabilia.
Collection includes 3 issues of a newsletter, Cobbie's Chatter, put together by World War II soldier Marion Cobb to provide updates to friends and family. Also included are two photocopied newspaper clippings.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 24
- United States. Army. 12
- World War, 1939-1945. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 6
- United States. Navy. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 5
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 2
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less