Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 36
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
This collection features two letters written from Carmichael Bohnson to his aunt Alice - one during his enrollment in the United States Army Air Force at Vanderbilt University and the other from his time spent in the Military Intelligence Service in Washington, D.C.
The Carol Bell WAC Interviews, 1996, consists of audio recordings and transcripts of interviews with 20 women who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II. The interviews, conducted by Carol Owen Bell, set out to discover the long-term effects of military experience on women who served in the war.
This collection includes V-mail correspondence sent by Charles Warr during 1944 from France and Germany. In these four notes to his future wife Virginia Campbell, Warr comments on conditions and the status of the war.
This collection contains various correspondence, permits, and newspaper clippings documenting Clifford Davis' service during and after World War II.
This collection houses correspondence, photographs, and military memorabilia documenting Clifford Edward Keenan's service and death with the 505th Parachute Infantry during World War II.
This collection documents the World War II service of Major Cortland A. Bassett. The collection includes correspondence, military documents, photographs, publications, newspaper clippings, and more that document his time with th 10th Armored Division in training and in the European Theater of War.
This collection features various military documents, photographs, and books from David F. Ross, a Lieutenant in the 5th Air Force deployed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This collection features correspondence between Sy Hyman and Dennis Coughlin as well as a collection of diary entries made by Hyman in 1946 from his World War II service.
This collection consists of 41 correspondences and commentaries by Edward G. Harris to his mother, grandmother, and grant aunt during his service in the United States Army Air Force during World War II.
This collection contains the World War II correspondence, postcards, and news clippings kept by Florine W. Harper between 1942 and 1945.
This collection features two V-Mails written to Gena S. Sharp's daughters during World War II. One is from a doctor stationed in Europe and the other from a nurse in North Africa.
This collection of correspondence, photographs, and currency documents part of Harry A. Waddington's service in the Third Infantry Division of the Seventh Army Front in both the European and Pacific fronts during World War II.
Included is the correspondence from Robert H. Foster to his grandparents (Mr. and Mrs. G.L. Hill), mother (Ida Louise Hill ), sister (Dorothy Hill), and aunt (Mrs. Hollis Nunley) during his time served in WWII. Also included is a letter from Jean Brasfield to Mrs. Hill.
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
This collection includes several letters written to World War II soldier Jerome Kaufman, who served with the U.S. Navy, from his family and wife, as well as military documents from his service.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 25
- United States. Army. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 7
- World War, 1939-1945. 7
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- United States. Navy. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 4
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 3
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 2
- Corinth (Miss.) -- History. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less