Showing Collections: 161 - 180 of 269
Joseph A. Boles Collection
Documents related to Joseph A. Boles' World War II service with the U. S. Army in North Africa and Italy. The collection includes a typed record of service and a typed narrative account as well as photocopies of photographs, correspondence, certificates, and a newspaper clipping.
Joseph E. Kelly Collection
This collection contains research bibliographies, notes, newsclippings, and a historical account ,“The Splinter Fleet,” written by World War II veteran Joseph E. Kelly about his experience in the war.
Joseph E. Martin Collection
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
Joseph Edgar Martin Memoir
This collection consists of Joseph Edgar Martin's 2003 memoir From Casablanca to Berchtesgaden: A Memoir of World War II. The preface is written by Charles F. Bryan Jr.
Joseph Houston WWII Collection
This collection consists of editions of the Enterprise Bulletin, correspondence from USS Enterprise Association, a membership roll of USS Yorktown, and an edition of the Davidson Journal.
Karl R. "Pat" Anderson Papers
Photocopies of V-mail and letters to Anderson’s mother in Lincoln, Nebraska and a photocopy of two photographs from Anderson’s time with the 410th Bomb Squadron, 94th Bomb Group in the European Theater of War during World War II.
Kenneth L. Ross Collection
This collection features military records from Kenneth L. Ross's service during World War II. Also included is correspondence during this time. Kenneth L. Ross served in the United States Air Forces as a pilot and aerial bomber.
Kurt and Margo David Oral History
The Kurt and Margo David Oral History, 2000, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Kurt and Margo David by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Amy Kotynski of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on their World War II experiences as Jewish people, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
L. W. Brinkman Maps
This collection features several cloth maps of the landscape, sea, and wind patterns of Eastern Asia dating from World War II.
Lavoy E. Phillips Papers
This collection contains Lavoy E. Phillips’ military records, photographs, and press clippings concerning his service in World War II.
Leroy Neal Papers
This collection consists of photocopies of Leroy Neal's personal papers regarding his service in WWII. The collection includes Leroy Neal's autobiographical essay about serving as a radio operator and side gunner on a B-24 bomber, 2 photographs, 2 letters to his parents, a service diary, and news clippings. Also included is an issue of the journal publication Sortie.
Leslie C. Schneider Papers
This collection contains assorted letters and material from U.S. Marine Leslie Schneider's service during World War II along with various memoribilia and newspaper clippings. A compact disc with digital scans of military newspapers is also included.
Letter Regarding Mrs. Benneson Janes
This collection contains a single letter from the American Red Cross concerning the transfer of Mrs. Benneson Janes during World War II.
Lewis B. Fox Papers
This collection includes a photocopy of a handwritten letter written to Lewis B. Fox during World War II. The letter, penned by “Mrs. O.J. Brown” of Knoxville, Tennessee, comments on Fox’s time with Brown’s son in a hospital during the war. Also included is a copy of a 1975 article on Fox’s life and death.
Lindsey Nelson Speech to the East Tennessee Historical Society
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
Lloyd Hamilton Boyd Collection
The material in this collection documents the World War II military service of Lloyd Hamilton Boyd. Included are approximately 50 letters written from Boyd to members of his family in North Carolina; these were written while Boyd was stationed at Camp Cooke in California as well as overseas in the European Theatre of War (including from England, France, Belgium, and Germany). Also included are ration books, unused V-mail sheets, copies of newspaper clippings, and some memorabilia.
Lonas Tarr Oral History
This collection consists of a transcript of an interview with Lonas Tarr by G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn P. O'Donnell conducted on March 7, 2003 in Knoxville, Tennessee as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project. Tarr speaks of his childhood in Jefferson City, his experiences in the Air Force during World War II, and his postwar life working as an American Airlines pilot in Europe.
M. H. Kunselman Sketch
This collection contains a sketch by World War II U. S. Army veteran M. H. Kunselman of a battle scene in Belgium.
Major Lawrence S. Barker, Jr. Papers
This collection houses military records documenting Major Lawrence S. Barker's service in the United States Marine Corps (1942-1946) and United States Marine Corps Reserves (1946-1964). The collection also includes military publications, photographs, postcards, correspondence, and ephemera from the World War II era.
Marinell St. Clair Eldredge Collection
This collection features documents, news articles, and photographs from Marinell St. Clair Eldredge's participation in the 1945 Aviation Psychology Program Flight Project at the University of Tennessee. She was certified as a pilot for the U.S. Air Forces in 1945.
- United States. Army. 66
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 58
- World War, 1939-1945. 52
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 39
- United States. Navy. 29
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 27
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 24
- United States. Army Air Forces. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Air Force. 21
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 6
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1 ∧ less
- English 267
- German 1
- Japanese 1