Showing Collections: 21 - 37 of 37
Lloyd Hamilton Boyd Collection
The material in this collection documents the World War II military service of Lloyd Hamilton Boyd. Included are approximately 50 letters written from Boyd to members of his family in North Carolina; these were written while Boyd was stationed at Camp Cooke in California as well as overseas in the European Theatre of War (including from England, France, Belgium, and Germany). Also included are ration books, unused V-mail sheets, copies of newspaper clippings, and some memorabilia.
Marion Cobb Collection
Collection includes 3 issues of a newsletter, Cobbie's Chatter, put together by World War II soldier Marion Cobb to provide updates to friends and family. Also included are two photocopied newspaper clippings.
McAmis Family Papers
N. E. Fitzgerald Letters
This collection contains letters both addressed to and written by N. E. Fitzgerald, a professor and Dean at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The letters are correspondence between N. E. Fitzgerald and former students, then serving in all theatres of operation during World War II. The correspondence dates from 1943 to 1946.
Omar L. Ash Correspondence
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
Richard Eckert Collection
This collection features various documents and special orders, letters, and newspaper articles describing Richard Eckert's service as an Engineer in Oak Ridge, Tennessee during World War II.
Robert Gentry Collection
This collection features correspondence and photographs from Robert Gentry's service in the US Armed Forces during World War II.
Robert Hooper Collection
Robert Hooper served during World War II in the European theater. This collection contains much of his correspondence - mainly addressed to his family - featuring his time in the service and describing some of his troop's movements.
Roy A. Miller Jr. Papers
This collection documents Roy A. Miller Jr.’s service with the U. S. Army in the European Theater during World War II. Included is correspondence between Miller and his parents, a booklet documenting his service record, and copies of military documents pertaining to his service and discharge.
Ruth E. Anderson Papers
W. Ralph Lufkin Collection
This collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and other documents on Wendell Ralph Lufkin's World War II experience in the European theatre.
Walter Goolsby Collection
The Walter Goolsby Collection includes correspondence to family and other officers, newspapers, photographs, and military and veteran documents from the 1940s and the late 1980s.
Walter M. Higgs Papers
This collection consists of an address book, correspondence, enlistment and honorable discharge records, photographs, press clippings, and a promotion list from Walter M. Higgs' service in the United States Army Air Force during World War II. Higgs served in the Pacific Theater as part of the 17th Bomber Squadron 27th Bombardment Group and was a POW in Japan.
Walter W. Gentry Collection
William D. Scarlett Jr. World War II Postcards
Collection contains postcards that William D. Scarlett Jr. sent to his mother, Gladys Scarlett in Knoxville, Tennessee. Scarlett sent the postcards from Switzerland and France at the end of World War II, from May to August 1945.
William F. Baggerman World War II Papers
This collection contains the personal correspondence, memorabilia, and newspaper clippings of William F. Baggerman during his career in the United States Army Air Corps during World War Two. Most of the collection is correspondence between Baggerman and his family, comprised of concerns for family business and the situation at home. The collection spans from early in basic training until the end of the war.
World War II Letters of Private Clifford Edward Keenan
The book housed in this collection is composed of transcriptions of letters written between Private Clifford E. Keenan and his immediate family from 1942 to 1944. Editor Hugh T. Keenan (Clifford E. Keenan's younger brother) has also included a brief biographical introduction and numerous photographs of the Keenan family.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 31
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 26
- United States. Army. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 8
- World War, 1939-1945. 7
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- United States. Navy. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 4
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 3
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 2
- Corinth (Miss.) -- History. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less