Showing Collections: 201 - 220 of 291
This collection contains three separate command operation orders and instructions from Morton Gubin's time serving in World War II in the Pacific Theater.
The Moss C. Brown Papers collection consists of four photographs of an unknown unit. It also includes an order to report for induction, a brief description of ships Moss Brown boarded during his enlistment in World War II along with dates, and an insurance document from the Ninth Marine Reserve District. Also available are press clippings.
This collection houses correspondence, newspaper clippings, speeches, and transcripts of radio broadcasts documenting Mrs. de Garmo's service with a number of different organizations. Among these organizations are the Department of Good Roads for Child Welfare, the Better Babies program, the Louisiana Mothers' Congress, the National Society of 1917 World War Registrars, and the National Society of U. S. Daughters of 1812.
This collection features eight newspaper clippings from the Milwaukee Journal discussing the efforts of American soldiers in World War II in 1944.
This collection contains a time table of the 559th Anti-Aircraft Artillery (Automatic Weapons) Batallion, dated from July 16, 1944 to July 19, 1945. The record documents the various stops and destinations of the 559th AAA as well as the times of arrival and departure.
This collection includes typed biographical notes and a short memoir as well as photocopies of photographs and articles all documenting the life and World War II service of Neil Schultz.
This collection contains the publications of World War II veteran Nick Christodoulou Jr., including his memoir.
A copy of North Callahan’s article, “The Biggest Screwball Outfit in the Army: The Recruiting Publicity Bureau of the United States Army Was a Beehive of Important Activity in World War II But Also at Times a Barrel of Fun,” which appeared in Officer Review.
This collection includes news articles, currency, and photographs from Oliver Summers's service during World War II. Also included are his graduation invitations and an installation of officers pamphlet from Summers's 1953 commencement ceremonies at UT Memphis.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
This collection features stories and histories about the 275th Armored Field Artillery Battalion during World War II.
This collection consists of Oscar Roy Ashley's personal World War II materials and includes correspondence, press clippings, military papers pertaining to his quartermaster training, and documents regarding his work as a quartermaster. Also available are two scrapbooks, a photograph album, and other commemorative materials from his service.
This collection contains photographs of the Philippines and a transcript of a Japanese diary donated by Owen Musgrove who was deployed with the Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
Ex-CBI Roundup is a monthly magazine for World War II veterans who served in the China-Burma-India (CBI) Theater. It solicits and publishes stories and photographs from CBI veterans, news of fellow veterans, CBI trivia, and advertisements for World War II and CBI memorabilia. This collection houses near complete copies of issues dating from January 1991 to December 2006, the magazine's 61st year of continuous publication.
This collection consists of Paul C. Trammell’s detailed memoir about his experiences in the United States Marine Corps beginning in 1940.
This collection contains a variety of documents and mementos collected primarily during Paul G. Simpson's three years in the Army Air Force. It includes personal letters, military documents, tourist mementos, newspaper clippings, and publications about both military and civilian life. The scrapbook pages include photographs, realia, and documents, all accompanied by extensive commentary written by his wife, Edna.
The Paul Harvey WWI Collection features correspondence, military and veteran documents, war ration books, and original manuscripts written by Harvey, as well as newspapers, memorial photographs, books, and others documenting Harvey's military service and life.
This collection contains several editions of “The Masthead (USS Hydrus)” newsletter and a photocopy of a World War II-era map of Okinawa, Japan.
This collection consists of military records, papers, publications, and keepsakes from World War II veteran Paul Parmalee. Among the keepsakes includes ephemera which Parmalee collected during his service in the Pacific Theater of War, specifically Japan, such as Japanese postcards, pamphlets, cards, and maps. Also included are Army-issued publications such as books, newsletters, and guides.
The Philip and Alma Oliver WWII Papers contain materials from Master Technical Sergeant Philip M. Oliver's service with Marine Air Group 25 and the South Pacific Combat Air Transport Command in the Pacific theater during World War II. It also contains materials from MAG-25 and SCAT reunions.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 275
- United States. Army. 71
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 62
- World War, 1939-1945. 52
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 43
- United States. Navy. 32
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 31
- United States. Army Air Forces. 24
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 24
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Air Force. 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 7
- Veterans -- United States. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 5
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 4
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- Veterans -- United States -- Societies, etc. 3
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Louisiana -- History. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Child health services -- United States. 1
- Cold War. 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- Eugenics -- United States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less
- English 289
- German 1
- Japanese 1